Isla St Clair, one of Scotlands foremost singers – Gordon Walker Gold Medallist and Scotland’s Master of Piping – Eric Rigler on Uillean Pipes who played on ‘Titanic’ and ‘Braveheart’, is one the world best Uilleen pipers – Cabar Feidh one of America’s top performing Pipe Bands.
Innovative arrangements with solo voice, solo pipes, choir and the inspiring sound of pipes and drums have united to create a moving and contemporary tribute to the Scots and Irish in America. Tracks:
1. Sailing (Isla, Eric, Cabar Feidh)
2. Highland Harry/White Cockade / The Bonnets of Bonnie Dundee (Isla)
3. Time to be Sleeping (Isla)
4. Mist Coverered Mountains (Cabar Feidh)
5. Strathspey/Reel Set: Catlodge, Sandy MacPherson, John Garroway, Cockerel in the Creel (Gordon)
6. The Dear Irish Boy (Eric)
7. 6/8 marches: Mist Covered Mountains (quick time) Midlothian Pipe Band, Bonnie Dundee
8. Kesh jig/Hardiman the Fiddler (Eric)
9. Burning Mill at Messines Gordon on Highland small pipes)
10. Hornpipe/Jig set: Donald MacLeod,Old Hag at the Kiln (Cabar Feidh)
11. Lament for Rory Mor/Banjo Breakdown (Gordon)
12. Amazing Grace (Isla, Cabar Feidh, Choir)
Or Download from the iTunes Store using the links below.
Isla’s wonderful interpretation of this modern classic, is enhanced by the emotive sound of the Uilleann (or Irish) pipes and low whistle. The magical touch is complete with the finale of massed pipers.
The first two period songs are followed by an outstanding version of the rousing Bonnie Dundee.
The emotive melody of this emigrants song is the well known pipe tune Mist Covered Mountains
This lovely Irish melody shows why Eric Rigler was chosen to play the Uilleann pipes on the Hollywood blockbusters ‘Braveheart’ and ‘Titanic’
Champion piper Gordon Walker tries his hand at the Highland small pipes with this lively tune commemorating the Battle of Messines in Flanders 1914.
An excellent set by this Californian based Pipe Band.
The wonderful rendition of the Lament for Rory Mor is followed by an outstanding version of Banjo Breakdown both in Hornpipe and Jig time.
An outstanding version of this classic hymn with Isla and choir followed by the Cabar Feidh pipe band